Saturday, June 22, 2019

Hello!


Welcome!

My name is Abigail, and Petronille Press is a Catholic art and goods shop that I run. I've spent the past ten years illustrating mostly for the children's and surface design markets, which I've loved.  But lately I've felt a tug at my heart to create artwork that reflects the faith more deeply, which is how this space came to be.

Over time, I'll be offering prints, fabric, embroidery patterns and more. And free printables. Lots of printables.

But why Petronille Press? Since my teens, I've had a devotion to Saint Anne, thanks to visiting the shrine of Sainte Anne de Beaupré, in Québec. Not far from the basilica is an island, the Île d'Orléans, and the village of Sainte Pétronille. The village parish church is dedicated to its namesake, the Roman martyr, Saint Petronilla. History isn't clear just who Petronilla was, but it's theorized that she was the (possibly spiritual) daughter of Saint Peter. And there's something about that connection between the two saints that captures my imagination and speaks to my heart. So when it came time to naming this creative pursuit, the hidden little Roman martyr immediately sprang to mind and her connection to a place I've loved so many years.





1 comment:

  1. Love the story behind your name, and can’t wait to see what else you create! I adore your style, and think it is really awesome that you are going to add a Catholic line to your work!

    ReplyDelete